Two Errors Involving Checkout. Please Help.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Il y a 12 ans
So we have run into 2 errors involving the checkout process/page. This is version 2.30 installed on our remote windows server hosted by GoDaddy. The only 2 changes that have been made to the checkout process is 1) I made it so that email addresses aren't required, as they don't always apply to our situation... 2) I changed the name of the PayPal Standard plugin in the description.txt file (I believe that's where it was) so that it shows that a PayPal account is not required. This is on the checkout page when you select your payment method. No other functionality has been changed involving checkout.

Problem 1 :
This is the most major of them.  Sometimes after you have filled out the entire one page checkout screen and are ready to confirm your order and be redirected to the paypal site to pay, the redirect won't work. You hit the confirm button, it starts to think and then pops up a white screen that says something about a DNS problem.  When this happens I look into the log and I see the error below. The bolded part is the actual error. I have included the page URL as well. This doesn't always happen and a lot of the times I and my customers are able to successfully get to the paypal screen to pay, but it is a major problem because it is losing me business when it does happen.

Page URL: http://wishesfromhome.com/checkout/opccompleteredirectionpayment
Referrer URL:    http://wishesfromhome.com/onepagecheckout

System.Web.HttpException (0x80004005): Cannot redirect after HTTP headers have been sent. at System.Web.HttpResponse.Redirect(String url, Boolean endResponse, Boolean permanent) at System.Web.HttpResponseWrapper.Redirect(String url, Boolean endResponse) at System.Web.Mvc.RedirectToRouteResult.ExecuteResult(ControllerContext context) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResult(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass1c.<InvokeActionResultWithFilters>b__19() at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilter(IResultFilter filter, ResultExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass1c.<>c__DisplayClass1e.<InvokeActionResultWithFilters>b__1b() at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilter(IResultFilter filter, ResultExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass1c.<>c__DisplayClass1e.<InvokeActionResultWithFilters>b__1b() at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilter(IResultFilter filter, ResultExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass1c.<>c__DisplayClass1e.<InvokeActionResultWithFilters>b__1b() at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilter(IResultFilter filter, ResultExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass1c.<>c__DisplayClass1e.<InvokeActionResultWithFilters>b__1b() at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilter(IResultFilter filter, ResultExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass1c.<>c__DisplayClass1e.<InvokeActionResultWithFilters>b__1b() at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionResult actionResult) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName) at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore() at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.System.Web.Mvc.IController.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<>c__DisplayClass6.<>c__DisplayClassb.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.<>c__DisplayClass1.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__0() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.<>c__DisplayClass8`1.<BeginSynchronous>b__7(IAsyncResult _) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncResult`1.End() at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<>c__DisplayClasse.<EndProcessRequest>b__d() at System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.<GetCallInAppTrustThunk>b__0(Action f) at System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.ProcessInApplicationTrust(Action action) at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result) at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Problem 2 :
The second problem is more of an annoyance.  If you have an item in your cart and hit the "checkout" button, you are taken to the one page checkout screen, the first thing to do is to enter your billing address. That works fine. Then if you hit on the "Home" menu link, or the header picture which links to the home page, and then hit the "checkout" button again, you will see the same one page checkout screen, except without the ability to enter your billing address. It's basically an empty screen, but with the "skeleton" of the steps needed to complete an order. I have yet to be able to reproduce this in IE, but I can in both FireFox and Chrome. A refresh USUALLY fixes the issue. I have attached the image below. Any help on either of these issues would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

[url=http://postimage.org/image/xz0u866ml/][/url]
Il y a 12 ans
http://s14.postimage.org/i0s4i1cep/Screen_Shot.jpg

The thumbnail didn't work. here is the direct link.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.