Sub Topics / Content Management

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 anni tempo fa
I'm sure this has been asked before, however:

1. Any plans to incorporate a topic page with sub topic pages?
2. Any obvious pitfalls to such a system?
11 anni tempo fa
1. No.
11 anni tempo fa
This may help CMS
11 anni tempo fa
JonNopper wrote:
I'm sure this has been asked before, however:

1. Any plans to incorporate a topic page with sub topic pages?
2. Any obvious pitfalls to such a system?

I'm in the process of adding a 'CMS' function around topics to a site. It allows a page hierarchy (of any page/url) and the definition of 'Templates' for topics, so it follows a more formal CMS structure. It's based around the concept of the ability to create a page template and define pages of type (As SilverStripe or Umbraco do).

So it caters for:

Adding new pages as topics, actual pages (such as /contact or /about) or virtual pages defined from routes (such as /my- category, that resolves to the catalogue)
Multiple topic types (templates)
Parent -> Child pages (Currently just 2 levels, but the logic would work up to n?)
Generates nested lists of Parent -> Child[+Siblings] pages
It has ID-less urls, based on hierarchy, eg: /parent-page/child-one, /parent-page/child-two etc

The plan is to make it into a widget and give it back, but that's going to be mid-feb at the earliest.

The idea behind it as a widget is that it could be added without changing a line of code, managed in its own configurator and easily defined within the available widget areas to generate the desired menu.

This is currently working very well in a hacked Topics structure, but not yet as a widget.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.