Best Practice for "Downloadable Products"

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 anos atrás
I am currently running v1.90.
I noticed that there is an option under Global Settings - Media to store pictures on file system, rather than DB.
I plan to have several gigs of files available for download (10+ Gig, to start) and would prefer not to have them in the DB.

Is having them in the DB the only way to add new downloadable products without specifying the URL?
If there isn't a "store on file system" option yet for downloadable products without specifying URL, might there be in the future?

My understanding is that there is better security in having Nop control the downloads, similar to how it makes the customers' invoices obscure(unavailable) to other members, even though they reside on file system.   It would be nice to have same "control" over downloadable product files without having to put them in the DB.
12 anos atrás
Hello,

I am stuck with the same thing as well;
See this thread...

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/14297/downloadable-products-storage-location.aspx
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.