Thinking of creating a site in nopCommerce, just a few Q's about it's capabilities (and mine!)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 anos atrás
Hi, I am looking at adopting nopCommerce and have a few questions if somebody could take a minute to help that would be really appreciated

Is it possible/how would one go about doing the following please and how straightforward would they be for a classic ASP coder please?... (I have spent all day reading the website btw so have learned a lot already!)

Marketing type banners on the front page (eg: jquery slider)
Recipes and buyers guides (would they need to be classed as news or blog?)
Links between recipes/buyers guides/products above and beyond using a hyperlink in the description
Sagepay integration (I know there is a plugin, just not sure how easy it is to 'plug in'?!)
Search refinement on category and results pages eg: prices, weight
Postage levels based on weight
Disqus integration on product page
Form auto-complete

Many many thanks in advance if you are able to help with any of these
Clare
11 anos atrás
Hi,

Sorry I have a couple more questions!..

I know nopCommerce is PCI Compliant, but will the Sagepay plugins also be compliant?

Also coud anyone tell me anything about mobile compatibility? I know there is "mobile device support" but what does this actually mean? That the site will work in any mobile device? Or is there the facility to generate a separate standalone mobile site

Also just wondering why htere are no simnilar posts to mine asking about the product, am I missing something? Is all this stuff in the documentation somewhere? I don't want to be a pain if I can read up on my own

Many thanks
Clare
11 anos atrás
Marketing type banners on the front page (eg: jquery slider)
yes via a plugin

Recipes and buyers guides (would they need to be classed as news or blog?)
Topic or blog or in the category description (buyers guides)

Links between recipes/buyers guides/products above and beyond using a hyperlink in the description
well you could use product templates for your recipes/buyers guides and then use the related products feature to link them together.

Sagepay integration (I know there is a plugin, just not sure how easy it is to 'plug in'?!)
Pluggins are easy - alot easier than coding

Search refinement on category and results pages eg: prices, weight
yes

Postage levels based on weight
yes

Disqus integration on product page
what do you mean? product reviews?

Form auto-complete
Yes

I know nopCommerce is PCI Compliant, but will the Sagepay plugins also be compliant?
As the sage pay plugin uses a redirect method neither Nop nor the plugin need be PCI compliant. I would advise not trying to take payments on your server ie that require PCI compliance.

Also coud anyone tell me anything about mobile compatibility? I know there is "mobile device support" but what does this actually mean? That the site will work in any mobile device? Or is there the facility to generate a separate standalone mobile site

There is a separate mobile theme that is used when a mobile device browses the site.

HTH
11 anos atrás
Here is some information on PCI compliance and storage of credit card numbers in databases.

I've found them helpful when considering database security, and the general question of storage in the first place:

More Detailed:
https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/documents/pci_dss_v2.pdf

Shorter & Simpler
https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/documents/pci_ssc_quick_guide.pdf

David
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.