Importing Products

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 yıl önce
I am attempting to import products from excel and I keep getting this error message.  Can you tell me what it means?

Input string was not in a correct format.
The details for the log entry.Full message:   System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format. at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal) at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info) at System.Convert.ToInt32(String value) at Nop.Services.ExportImport.ImportManager.<ImportProductsFromXlsx>b__5(String x) at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectArrayIterator`2.MoveNext() at Nop.Services.ExportImport.ImportManager.ImportProductsFromXlsx(String filePath) at Nop.Admin.Controllers.ProductController.ImportExcel(FormCollection form).

Also, is there a way to upload product images and have them installed where they belong when the excel is imported?
11 yıl önce
Take a look at nopadmin http://www.nopadmin.com.  It makes uploading products a lot easier.
11 yıl önce
I have that and I get errors with that also.
11 yıl önce
I was able to import about 300 out of 1800 and this is the error I get for the unimported products.

A public action method 'ImportExcel' was not found on controller 'Nop.Admin.Controllers.ProductController'.

The details for the log entry.Full message:   System.Web.HttpException (0x80004005): A public action method 'ImportExcel' was not found on controller 'Nop.Admin.Controllers.ProductController'. at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.HandleUnknownAction(String actionName) at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore() at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.System.Web.Mvc.IController.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<>c__DisplayClass6.<>c__DisplayClassb.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.<>c__DisplayClass1.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__0() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.<>c__DisplayClass8`1.<BeginSynchronous>b__7(IAsyncResult _) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncResult`1.End() at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<>c__DisplayClasse.<EndProcessRequest>b__d() at System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.<GetCallInAppTrustThunk>b__0(Action f) at System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.ProcessInApplicationTrust(Action action) at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result) at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
11 yıl önce
Do an export first (even if only one Selected product), so that you have proper template.

Not sure if this still applies, but... In any column that may contain alpha and numerics,  put a single quote char prefix to the values in the first row of those fields, if the first several rows have only numeric values.

Are you impoting pics on a hosted server?   Manually upload one pic for one product in admin, then do Export.  Note the path in the Picture1 column - you need to upload your pics to somewhere on that path just prior to the wwwroot (create a new folder in ftp tool or host's file manager) -  and that's the path you will need to prefix your pic names in the sheet, prior to mass import.
11 yıl önce
Pardon this ignorant question. What is a "single quote char prefix"?
11 yıl önce
It's literally just putting a single quote character " ' "  in front of the value in the cell.  It forces the cell to be of type Text rather than General.
11 yıl önce
New York wrote:
It's literally just putting a single quote character " ' "  in front of the value in the cell.  It forces the cell to be of type Text rather than General.

Using nopC 2.7

I have tried everything to import these 500 products. I exported and used that format. I put the single quote character in front of the values in the first row (first data row line 2).

I always get the error; "Input string was not in a correct format."

I have struggled with this in the past using 2.65. I finally accomplished an import. This time it wont work?

Im using excel 2010 and .xlsx

Please help?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.