Sub Topics / Content Management

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 yıl önce
I'm sure this has been asked before, however:

1. Any plans to incorporate a topic page with sub topic pages?
2. Any obvious pitfalls to such a system?
11 yıl önce
1. No.
11 yıl önce
This may help CMS
11 yıl önce
JonNopper wrote:
I'm sure this has been asked before, however:

1. Any plans to incorporate a topic page with sub topic pages?
2. Any obvious pitfalls to such a system?

I'm in the process of adding a 'CMS' function around topics to a site. It allows a page hierarchy (of any page/url) and the definition of 'Templates' for topics, so it follows a more formal CMS structure. It's based around the concept of the ability to create a page template and define pages of type (As SilverStripe or Umbraco do).

So it caters for:

Adding new pages as topics, actual pages (such as /contact or /about) or virtual pages defined from routes (such as /my- category, that resolves to the catalogue)
Multiple topic types (templates)
Parent -> Child pages (Currently just 2 levels, but the logic would work up to n?)
Generates nested lists of Parent -> Child[+Siblings] pages
It has ID-less urls, based on hierarchy, eg: /parent-page/child-one, /parent-page/child-two etc

The plan is to make it into a widget and give it back, but that's going to be mid-feb at the earliest.

The idea behind it as a widget is that it could be added without changing a line of code, managed in its own configurator and easily defined within the available widget areas to generate the desired menu.

This is currently working very well in a hacked Topics structure, but not yet as a widget.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.