nopC 2.2 contact us question

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 năm cách đây
so, did they get rid of the FORM tool in the Contact Us area under Topics? I have version 2.2 and on my other site, where i use 1.9 - there's a button that says, 'form' and you can use that area to create forms for your contact us page.

I no longer see this on the 2.2 version. Does one add a form to a page in a different way now? Please let me know - i really need a form on this page.

Thanks a bunch in advance.
12 năm cách đây
why do some questions get 2400 views and 200 responses, and others don't spawn any attention at all. it's frustrating. is there a paid support option available? I looooooooove nopC don't get me wrong but faster assistance is a definite bonus.
12 năm cách đây
Hi,

Are you sure your are not talking about some custom functionality that was implemented for you for nopCommerce 1.9? Because we cannot recall such functionality to have been available for nopCommerce 1.9 out of the box.
12 năm cách đây
i don't think so man - i don't recall adding any type of add-on. take a look at this pic and see if it looks like an add-on to any one else.

http://mikesoffroad.com/19cap.jpg
12 năm cách đây
hemjesti wrote:
i don't think so man - i don't recall adding any type of add-on. take a look at this pic and see if it looks like an add-on to any one else.

http://mikesoffroad.com/19cap.jpg

Interesting. Have you ever received feedback via that form or just in your e-mail? Forms need a server side page that handles sending or storing the contact us request unless it is just a simple "mailto" form.

To answer your previous question why some topics might get more read/write activity it just comes down to what the community is proficient in. We would hate to give you wrong advice and most of us focus on 2.x systems so we don't know all the features or functionality in 1.9 or lower.

Another reason that a question might go unanswered for a long time would be that we are all in different Timezones or we don't have the time required to investigate and answer your question. I hope this helps you understand why some questions go unanswered.
12 năm cách đây
@skyler - it is interesting - mainly b/c i can't remember how i set it up now. Given that i did it MONTHS ago and have been putting fires out all over the place trying to get data acquired and a laundry list of issues trying to get this set up. but i will say, if i'd done it, i'd certainly not used an ID such as ctl00_ctl00_cph1_cph1_ctrlContactUs_pnlContactUs - so i'm leaning towards it being something i used within the tool.

so, do you not see that on your version of 1.9? or do you think that it is indeed something i added later? after the fact?

additionally - yes, i do get emails from the form - in fact, each time one comes in, i get THREE - so eventually i'll get to correcting that problem but it's low on the priority list at the moment. :-)

And i understand about the varying time zones, the risk of bad info - i suspect, i should start posting questions as i discover the issue, rather than when i need an answer - i realize and appreciate the community contribution that takes place here - (thank you thank you) - please don't think for one moment i don't - i can't wait to get to where i answer more questions that i post. :-)

i'm a big biiiiig fan of nopCom and am recommending it every chance i get.

thank you again for your time and direction - i look forward to hopefully resolving this issue and finding out what or how i did that there form.
12 năm cách đây
I don't know 1.9, but it looks like there was a separate contactus.aspx page - although I don't know if it actually could handle processing the request

http://mikesoffroad.com/contactus.aspx

<form name="aspnetForm" method="post" action="contactus.aspx" onsubmit="javascript:return WebForm_OnSubmit();" id="aspnetForm">
12 năm cách đây
nopCommerce 1.9 has a separate .aspx page ContactUs.aspx, which has a bunch of email related fields and a button (btnContactUs), which has a server side click event. The event just sends an email with the information entered in the fields. However the ContactUs.aspx page also includes the ContactUs.ascx control, and this control loads the ContactsUs topic. I believe that the form that you are seeing is coming from the ContactUs topic in this particular case.

But the question really comes down to that. Where is the form designer button in the html editor used in the administration of nopCommerce 2.x.
The answer is there isn't one. nopCommerce 1.9 uses CKEditor (http://ckeditor.com/demo) and nopCommerce 2.x uses Telerik's editor, which does not have such a feature.
I think this about to change in the coming version of nopCommerce.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.