Admin site + IIS 6

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 anos atrás
I have a version of NopCommerce 2.30 installed on a Server 2003 R2 running IIS 6 and ASP.NET 4.0. When I try to install ANY version of NopCommerce the Admin Site links are all messed up. I have tried a clean install. to an upgrade to see if there is just a CSS page missing or something, but still no go. The same site runnning on Server 2008 works just fine. What am I missing on the 2003 server that is on the 2008 server? ... other than IIS7.

The front end store seems to be working just fine. Dont have any style sheet issues there. Default install, no changes. No go..

The links are displayed as List Items down the left side of the screen. Then the rest of the website is displayed under that.
12 anos atrás
I have the same problem. Others have reported similar problems. I believe there is a bug with nopCommerce running on Windows 2003 server and IIS 6. I am working on a solution and will post the details as soon as I'm sure it is working.

It all involves the _AdminLayout.cshtml page and the loading of scripts and css files. I'm looking at a couple of approaches, incluidng using the Telerik CDN files.

If you want to see the problems, use Crrome browser, load the admin page, and then in Chrome use the developer tools. You'll see the standard code is not loading the scripts and/or css files properly and producing errors that cause the various Telerik elements not to load. The most immediate result is the Telerik menus are not loaded and you see all the list of options rather than the Telerik menu.

Also, if anyone else reading this has solved the problem on IIS6, please chime in.
12 anos atrás
JoeReynolds wrote:
I believe there is a bug with nopCommerce running on Windows 2003 server and IIS 6. I am working on a solution and will post the details as soon as I'm sure it is working.

nopCommerce admin demo site runs on Win2003 and IIS6. And it works fine.
12 anos atrás
a.m. wrote:
nopCommerce admin demo site runs on Win2003 and IIS6. And it works fine.

Well, that's good to know. However it does seem a number of peeople are having issues with the admin area on IIS6. I'll take a look at the demo.

I just looked at my original nopCommerce code version 2.3 for the shared _AdminLayout.cshtml and it contains what appears to be an error.

@MvcHtmlString.Create(HttpUtility.HtmlDecode(Html.Telerik().StyleSheetRegistrar().DefaultGroup(group => group
                                                    .Add("2011.2.712/telerik.common.css")
                                                    .Add("2011.2.712/telerik.vista.css")
                                                    .Add("2011.2.712/telerik.rtl.css")).ToHtmlString()))

The three css files added do not exist in the project. Only the  min versions exist. Can you check and see what is in the code you are running successfully? Interestingly, the 2.3 version runs perfect on my Windows 7 machine running IIS7, but not after deployment to Windows 2003 IIS6. All is ok except for the Telerik files not loading properly.
12 anos atrás
Actually, all CSS files exist.
nopCommerce 2.30 has and use the following files:
2011.2.712/telerik.common.css
2011.2.712/telerik.vista.css
2011.2.712/telerik.rtl.css
Upcoming nopCommerce 2.40 has and use the following files:
2011.3.1115/telerik.common.min.css
2011.3.1115/telerik.vista.min.css
2011.3.1115/telerik.rtl.min.css
12 anos atrás
a.m. wrote:
Actually, all CSS files exist.
nopCommerce 2.30 has and use the following files:
2011.2.712/telerik.common.css
2011.2.712/telerik.vista.css
2011.2.712/telerik.rtl.css
Upcoming nopCommerce 2.40 has and use the following files:
2011.3.1115/telerik.common.min.css
2011.3.1115/telerik.vista.min.css
2011.3.1115/telerik.rtl.min.css

Well, I have the nopCommerce_2.30_Source.rar file downloaded on 1/1/2012 and the content directory only has the Telerik min files, unless I'm looking in the wrong place. Perhaps you might check the rar file currently available for download.
12 anos atrás
tom.knapp wrote:
I have a version of NopCommerce 2.30 installed on a Server 2003 R2 running IIS 6 and ASP.NET 4.0. When I try to install ANY version of NopCommerce the Admin Site links are all messed up. I have tried a clean install. to an upgrade to see if there is just a CSS page missing or something, but still no go. The same site runnning on Server 2008 works just fine. What am I missing on the 2003 server that is on the 2008 server? ... other than IIS7.

The front end store seems to be working just fine. Dont have any style sheet issues there. Default install, no changes. No go..

The links are displayed as List Items down the left side of the screen. Then the rest of the website is displayed under that.

I have a solution that works on my Windows 2003 server. Change the code for loading the Telerik stuff on _AdminLayout.cshtml and replace the Telerik code there at the bottom of the page with the following to use the Telerik CDN files:

<!--These need to be at the end of the page to ensure that all the controls requiring scripts have been rendered-->

@MvcHtmlString.Create(HttpUtility.HtmlDecode(Html.Telerik()
    .StyleSheetRegistrar()
            .DefaultGroup(group => group.UseTelerikContentDeliveryNetwork(true)
                                                   .Add("telerik.common.min.css")
                                                    .Add("telerik.vista.min.css")
                                                    .Add("telerik.rtl.min.css")).ToHtmlString()))
    .ScriptRegistrar()
            .DefaultGroup(group => group.UseTelerikContentDeliveryNetwork(true)).ToHtmlString()))
12 anos atrás
tom.knapp wrote:

Correction. I forgot to set jquery(false) in th ecode I posted. Here is the correction:

<!--These need to be at the end of the page to ensure that all the controls requiring scripts have been rendered-->

.StyleSheetRegistrar()
            .DefaultGroup(group => group.UseTelerikContentDeliveryNetwork(true)
                                                   .Add("telerik.common.min.css")
                                                    .Add("telerik.vista.min.css")
                                                    .Add("telerik.rtl.min.css")).ToHtmlString()))
    .ScriptRegistrar()
            .DefaultGroup(group => group.UseTelerikContentDeliveryNetwork(true)).jQuery(false).ToHtmlString()))
12 anos atrás
JoeReynolds wrote:
Well, I have the nopCommerce_2.30_Source.rar file downloaded on 1/1/2012 and the content directory only has the Telerik min files, unless I'm looking in the wrong place. Perhaps you might check the rar file currently available for download.

You're absolutely right. But I've just looked at the Telerik MVC Extensions source code and it loads a minified version (.min.css) of a requested CSS file before rendering (\Telerik.Web.Mvc\Infrastructure\Implementation\WebAsset\WebAssetLocator.cs file). That's why it should work fine. Anyway, thanks for info (fixed in upcoming 2.40)

BTW, are you running nopCommerce in subdirectory?
12 anos atrás
a.m. wrote:
BTW, are you running nopCommerce in subdirectory?

No. On the Windows 2003 server I am currently running it on an ip number. However, I had the same IIS6 problem when I tried running it on a domain name in the root or in a virtual directory of a domain name root.

What's strange, and perhaps helpful to someone more knowledgeable than I, is why would the Telerik CDN work but not the original code. I'm convinced it has something to do with not finding some files, either css or js.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.